The regional education system involves 32 education establishments:
- 1 gymnasium;
- 9 secondary schools;
- 3 basic schools;
- 2 educational complexes “kindergarten-primary school”;
- 1 educational complex “kindergarten-secondary school”.
Some 24% of students take honour classes. The regional education department has set out a target to increase the number of students attending honour classes to 55% in the 2007/2008 academic year.
Every education establishment except for kindergartens and offschool activities establishments has social-psychological workers and also the organizers of out-of-school activities.
The regional cultural establishments seek to increase the number of cultural events in the region. Some of the festivals such as Kupalle, Kalyadki, Maslenitsa and others have already become traditional.
The regional cultural establishments include hobby clubs, amateur groups, sports groups.
Ten amateur groups have a title “national”:
- Vocal group “Vetkovchanka” (Vetka);
- Accordionists band “Vesyoliye muzyki” (Vetka);
- Folk group “Krynitsy” (Vetka);
- People’s theatre “Istina” (Vetka);
- Folk group “Staubunskiya vachorki” (Vetka);
- Brass band “Expromt” (Vetka);
- Bandurists group “Verbychenka” (Vetka);
- Family vocal group “Ani” (Vetka);
- Folk group “Fantaziya” (Vetka);
- Folk song amateur club “Lya samavara” (Svetilovichi).